Monday 30 March 2015

Review- The Banofee Pavlova

To all my lovely readers, hope you're doing well and haven't hit by monday blues, if not then don't worry I am going to turn your blues into greens or white or may be into something "sweet". ;)

I'm a sweet-tooth lover or I better say dessert-o-holics. :D
I am going to review a dessert named "Pavlova" today, I have had last days. Before sharing my experience, I would love to give you a little information about pavlova.

" Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. It is a meringue cake with a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with whipped cream and fruit. This dessert is a popular dish in New Zealand & Australia."

I was very lucky to try this heavenly tempting dessert "The Banofee Pavlova" from "The Poached Pear" bakery.

it came in a beautiful packaging (you can see in the collage photo) without even a slightiest mess, thanks to "The Delivery Chacha" rider though I was not expecting because pavlova is such a delicate dessert and even there is a fear that it could get melt or turn into a mess, if not taking care properly while delivery to certain place.
Now come to the taste, its crispy and crunchy meringue outer shell gave it a perfect shape+taste, a light airy base reminded me some of twix chocolate/cake ;), the centre was soft & moist, fluffy from inside, layer of fresh bananas specially for a banana lover like me made my day, beautifully topped with whipped cream which was very light, caramel toffee shards was adding a bit of crunch in its flavour, & of course hershey's chocolate chips was giving it a sweeter taste when it was melting in mouth, and a drizzle of smooth caramel sauce was adding its own flavour in it. It was a perfect dessert, neither too sweet nor less. Enough for 5-7 serving at one time.
I must say now I'm a big pavlova-holic. ;) and all the credit goes to "The Poached Pear". :)

Pros:
*Neither too sweet nor less
*Perfect as a alternative of desi dessert
*Fresh fruits add their own flavours
*You may try with variety of different seasonal fruits
*You can not resist as its heavenly delicious

Cons: 
*If you're not very much into sweet.
*May be you can feel heavy by its taste (only if you want to have it all at once) :P

Price: I got it free because my sister won it on "The Poached Pear" page. :P might be it worth around 3000-/ Pkr, I saw on their competition's post but you may ask them via inbox on facebook.

Hope you like the review, give me your feedback through comments, I'd love to hear you. :)

"If you're bored of desi, go for bi-desi" :D

With love,
Almas Mustaqeem


No comments:

Post a Comment